Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket...

So the title really has nothing to do with what I'm going to blog about but it was just in my head and I like that song so...if you don't know it, know it! :P

Yesterday was a weird sort of day for me a lot of ups and downs going on throughout. The end of the days events left me in wonder and I'd like to share them.

Everyone sees SL (Second Life) as their own sort of outlet. Whether it's a game, virtual world, chat room, real, etc. SL is a way for most people to escape in some sense. The question is where do we draw the line? I realize that it's such a broad question, but I mean in every aspect of what's being asked. Last night my godbaby's mother decided that it would be okay to tell her that she "f-ed" up. Now mind you, though we all know that there is an adult behind the child avie (at least there should be) saying something like that to anyone is rude and hateful. Would you tell that to your own child? No...I hope not anyway, but we won't get into that. Though there is really not true comparison between your SL child and your RL child, the point is that there is still a person with feelings sitting there. Where do your morals lie? Is it that you have no respectful standings with others but mainly for yourself? We all have our moments but there is a more decent approach to getting your point across. Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment